Blueprint’s Art, Craft & Me is a graded series of 11 books (Parts A, B, C and 1 to 8) that conforms to the art assessment guidelines and recommendations for art education in schools.
The author-artists at Blueprint Education believe that every child is born with artistic sensibilities. It is only guidance from a tender age that will help them cultivate a mind that appreciates aesthetics. Taking this into consideration, a conscious effort has been made to develop all the senses of the child through observation, exploration and expression.
Art plays a large part in making our lives infinitely rich by reinforcing our cultural heritage. It stimulates different parts of our brains with a whole range of emotions and also broadens our knowledge horizon.
Art, Craft & Me aims at providing a unique platform to the child that will help promote experiential learning for free expression of ideas and emotions. Emphasis has been laid on a participative and interactive approach to the teaching of art and craft, which is both rigorous and active.
Salient Features of this Book –
- The book provides skill-based learning that integrates life skills with art and craft curriculum.
- Guided colouring activities in the form of crayon outlines will help develop the childs gross and fine motor skills.
- Age-appropriate drawing techniques, like grid drawing, step drawing, tracing, assembling geometrical figures, etc., will expand the childs exposure to the world.
- The book abounds in multi-colour logical backgrounds that will support the childs final artwork.
- A variety of tasks, like paper folding, origami, tear and paste, board games, clay modelling, etc., have been incorporated to enhance the artistic capabilities of the child.
- Assessment projects will help kindle the imagination of the child.
- A range of games and play activities have been embedded for case of learning and comprehension.
- Interesting snippets, under the section Sound Amazing, will enhance the childs curiosity and general awareness.
Ms Sonia Tuli, an artist, an educator and an instructor was passionate about art from a very young age. She nurtured this passion over the years and transformed it into a career for herself. She is training in Commercial Art, has successfully participated in numerous competitions and training workshops. A competent organizer and a leader in her field, she inspires young children with her enthusiasm and encourages them to see beauty in everything.
There are no reviews yet.