Green Busy Bee is a series of five books for classes 1 to 5. It conforms to the latest NCERT syllabus and follows guidelines of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) 2005. The series follows an integrated approach and is based on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) pattern introduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education. A few chapters in this series are contributed by members of the Educating Youth for Sustainable Development (EYSD) division at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), which strives to instil a sense of responsibility amongst the youth towards the environment, and encourages them to formulate out-of-the-box solutions for environmental problems.
• The series is based on the Green School Initiative of the NCERT, promoting Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), and includes innovative ideas and strategies for achieving the objectives of ESD
• Designed to develop 21st century skills and engage learners in exploratory and hands-on activities to acquire basic cognitive and psychomotor skills through observation, classification, inference, etc.
• Helps in developing values that aim at inculcating in students a mindset to work towards protecting our planet.
• Picture-based activity, The Buzz, to introduce the core theme of the chapter and rouse students’ interest in the subject
• Bee Wise encourages students to learn and imbibe life skills—thinking skills, social skills and emotional skills; Bee Nice instills core values in students.
• Learn by Doing encourages experiential learning and helps in creating knowledge through active experimentation