Inspired Maths is a series of 10 books, Primers to 8, which caters to the New CISCE curriculum and closely follows the syllabus both in intent and content. These bright, colourful and child-friendly books focus on developing mathematical skills and 21st century skills while providing students with an enjoyable learning experience. A rich array of Activities ensures a thorough conceptual understanding.
- Are gently graded to ensure a thorough understanding of basic concepts before proceedingto more complex ones
- Follow an activity-based approach, as specified by the syllabus, with multiple activities in each chapter providing concrete experience to build concepts and skills
- Encourage the use of teaching aids like the unifix cubes and the geoboard. These provide plenty of opportunity for students to enjoy hands-on learning
- Cover the new topics in the syllabus, such as estimation, patterns, tangrams, tessellations, mirror and rotational symmetry, different views of 3D objects, maps and negative numbers in depth
- Follow the syllabus and place considerable emphasis on linking maths to the students’ environment thus enabling them to solve real-life problems
- Include special sections titled, WORKOUT 1—Understand and Calculate that help master concepts and develop calculation skills, and WORKOUT 2—Think and Apply that focus on the development of higher order skills like problem solving, critical thinking and making cross curricular connections