The Life Lessons series:
- is a series of eight books from classes 1 to 8.
- teaches values such as honesty, respect, perseverance, sharing, caring, patience, harmony, moral courage, among many others.
- also looks at current topics such as television, the internet, video games and mobile phones in a gently graded and interesting manner.
- uses a great variety of texts ??stories, biographies, poems, songs, news items?? to explore age-relevant topics, situations and problems.
Each lesson is planned to help children read, understand, reflect, respond and express themselves. LIFE Lessons lays a strong foundation of morals in the minds of children in the formative years at school.
Each lesson has the following sections:
- Warm-up: an introductory activity
- Let us read: the body of text for students to read
- Let us understand: text-based questions
- Let us discuss: activities for the classroom
- Let us do: activities for students to apply the lesson or values learnt
Each chapter also includes extensive notes for the teacher that enable her to teach the lesson easily.