Maths Speed (1 to 5) is a series of five books with skill sheets aimed at providing students with continuous practice in mathematics. The books comprise of sets of skill sheets that cover a range of concepts that students have learnt. The books enable students to develop proficiency through the skills of pattern recognition and estimation. They also improve speed and accuracy, so critical to good maths skills.
The books include:
Skill Sheets: A set of 50–70 worksheets for a class, with 10–20 questions per sheet for students to solve, one worksheet each day.
Self-assessment: Students check their answers with help from the teacher and are thus able to assess themselves and work on improving their skills and competence.
Time-Keeping: Students are encouraged to time themselves. They mark the starting time and the time of completion on the clocks given on each skill sheet. They thus take responsibility for their own learning.
Sample Question Papers: Practice question papers based on logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning and on everyday mathematics. Papers that target a higher level of achievement are also included for classes 4 and 5.
Star collection: Students are awarded stars at the end of each skill sheet. They are motivated to score higher so they can accrue more stars. This also enables them to keep track of their progress over time.
Certificate: A certificate of accomplishment is awarded to students on the successful completion of skill sheets for a level. This motivates them to complete the skill sheets.
Key features of Maths Speed 1- 5
- A set of 50–70 worksheets for a class, with 10–20 questions per sheet based to revise previous years topics and to develop skills in topics dealt in that class.
- Time keeping skill by marking the starting and the ending time
- Practice question papers based on logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning and on everyday mathematics
- Star collection
- Fun activity for classes 1 to 3
- A certificate of accomplishment
- Answer key for class 3 to 5 given in CD