Viva Social Studies is a set of eight books for classes 1 to 8, designed and developed keeping in mind the guidelines framed by the CBSE. It is an activity-oriented series with creatively designed exercises and individual and group activities.
Salient features of books 1 and 2:
- Language is kept simple, keeping the level of the students in mind.
- Concepts are taught and reinforced through illustrations, pictures, activities and flow charts.
- Chapter-end exercises and activities are largely objective type to facilitate classroom assessment.
- Wise Words are linked with life-skills.
- Brain Teasers enhance thinking skills.
- Do you know? gives additional interesting information related to the text.
- Find Out keeps the children interested in the subject and makes them inquisitive.
- For the Teacher helps a teacher to enhance the skills of the children.
- Now I Can Answer presents a variety of exercises like Fill in the Blanks, Answer in One Word, Match the Columns and many more.
- Draw and Colour, Learn and Recite and many other projects and activities are given to focus on activity-based learning.
- Assessment sheets given in the middle and at the end of each book can be used for periodic assessment.