The revised edition of Starting English by Eleanor Watts is a fresh approach to the teaching of English for very young learners. Eleanor Watts writes school textbooks, teachers’ books and stories for children.
The special features of the Reader and Workbook include:
- the use of the phonic approach which makes young learners familiar with sound and spelling patterns.
- the teaching of whole words in simple sentences.
- introductions to useful concepts such as number and colour.
- a gentle progression to the teaching of words with irregular spellings.
- the teaching of basic sentence patterns.
- colourful and lively illustrations in the Reader and colouring activities in the Workbook.
- plenty of opportunities for oral work in the classroom.
- a short note for the teacher at the foot of the page that makes for a fuller teaching-learning experience.