I Can! Maths is totally compliant with the requirements of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE).
The primary objective of I Can! Maths is to develop in children conceptual understanding, coupled with ability to think, reason and apply.
It follows a step-by-step approach:
Develop a concept → Consolidate the concept → Develop calculation skill with just enough drill to ensure that the child is not overloaded → Develop thinking, application and problem solving skills.
Key features of I Can! Maths
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Warm up to recall earlier concepts to be used in the chapter.
- Maths Lab Activities within the text used to develop concepts, enhance skills and encourage applications.
- Exercises with just enough questions to consolidate concepts and develop operational skills, without overloading the child.
- MCQs designed to assess concepts and thinking.
- HOTS Questions to encourage thinking and develop problem solving skills.
- Interesting Fun Activities to look beyond the classroom. These motivate children to apply their knowledge in an interesting way. They also develop life skills.
- Summative Assessment papers that include MCQs and exercises designed to assess concepts, thinking and operational skills.